Life can be difficult, especially during a pandemic, here are some amazing quotes to remind you that good times are just around the corner.
The year 2020 has been anything but a nightmare. The Coronavirus pandemic has disrupted our daily lives. Most of us have been cooped up inside our own homes and constantly missing our friends and family or even any kind of human contact for that matter. The pandemic has brought about a health and financial crisis at the same time. We've all been through bad times and sometimes all it takes are a few words to uplift our mood and change our perspective on problems. The past year has been much for us to handle but here are 15 quotes that will boost your mood and make you feel better. Let's start off with a quote from Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg who passed away earlier this month.
1. "SO OFTEN IN LIFE, THINGS THAT YOU REGARD AS AN IMPEDIMENT TURN OUT TO BE GREAT, GOOD FORTUNE" – RUTH BADER GINSBURG
Some of our biggest obstacles can turn out to be our launching pad. Obstacles make us stronger, wiser and enable us to handle similar problems in the future. Even obstacles that seem insurmountable can eventually be overcome, so keep working at it until you can beat it.
2. "JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE HAPPY IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE DAY IS PERFECT BUT THAT YOU HAVE LOOKED BEYOND ITS IMPERFECTIONS" – BOB MARLEY
Life isn't about living the perfect life. We can make a lot of plans but rarely does life stick to the script. Sometimes life is about finding happiness beyond the things that go wrong from time to time. When you're down it's easier to focus on the negatives, but taking an effort to focus on the positives can help. Happiness is about embracing the imperfect life and day.
3. "MY MISSION IS NOT MERELY TO SURVIVE, BUT TO THRIVE; AND TO DO SO WITH SOME PASSION, SOME COMPASSION, SOME HUMOR, AND SOME STYLE" ― MAYA ANGELOU
Find things that you love doing. Find new hobbies and invest yourself in things you're passionate about. Explore whatever tickles your fancy and laugh a little as you pursue your new goals. Don't let life pass you by.
4. "HAPPINESS DOESN’T COME FROM ACHIEVEMENTS, OR MONEY, OR ANY SORT OF TREASURE. HAPPINESS IS A FRAME OF MIND, NOT A DESTINATION. IT’S APPRECIATING WHAT YOU’VE GOT AND BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS WITH THOSE AROUND YOU." – JANETTE RALLISON
More than money or achievements, happiness comes from people. It's our relationships that give us true love and joy and yet the things we pursue on most occasions are material wealth and 'achievements.'
5. "THERE IS NO HAPPINESS LIKE THAT OF BEING LOVED BY YOUR FELLOW CREATURES, AND FEELING THAT YOUR PRESENCE IS AN ADDITION TO THEIR COMFORT." – CHARLOTTE BRONTË
If you are struggling to be happy, look at the people in your life. There is no greater blessing than having people who love you. Plus, knowing that you bring them joy and comfort will help you be happier.
6. "EVEN A HAPPY LIFE CANNOT BE WITHOUT A MEASURE OF DARKNESS, AND THE WORD HAPPY WOULD LOSE ITS MEANING IF IT WERE NOT BALANCED BY SADNESS. IT IS FAR BETTER TO TAKE THINGS AS THEY COME ALONG WITH PATIENCE AND EQUANIMITY." – CARL JUNG
Without darkness, there wouldn't be light. It's important to take the bad times with the good times. There's a crest and a wave to every life and whatever phase of life you may be in now, know that the other is round the corner. It's important to balance a bit of both.
7. "I, NOT EVENTS, HAVE THE POWER TO MAKE ME HAPPY OR UNHAPPY TODAY. I CAN CHOOSE WHICH IT SHALL BE. YESTERDAY IS DEAD. TOMORROW HASN’T ARRIVED YET. I HAVE JUST ONE DAY, TODAY, AND I’M GOING TO BE HAPPY IN IT.” – GROUCHO MARX
All you can do is live for today. You can't change the past or control what might happen tomorrow. The only thing in your control is today and that you must make the most of and live happily.
8. "THE BEST AND MOST BEAUTIFUL THINGS IN THE WORLD CANNOT BE SEEN OR EVEN TOUCHED - THEY MUST BE FELT WITH THE HEART"– HELEN KELLER
Life is measured in the emotions you feel. It's important to feel strongly, whatever it may be. Capitalism drives us to possess new tangible products but at the end of the day, the things that move us most are often felt deep in the heart.
9. "WHETHER YOU CHOOSE TO MOVE ON FROM YOUR STRUGGLES AND ENJOY LIFE OR WADDLE IN YOUR MISERY, LIFE WILL CONTINUE." – GERMANY KENT
Life doesn't care for your feelings and it's up to you to pick yourself up, dust yourself, and move on. Wallowing in grief will only amplify the past and drive you to more misery.
10. "IF SOMEONE BASES HIS/HER HAPPINESS ON MAJOR EVENTS LIKE A GREAT JOB, HUGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY, A FLAWLESSLY HAPPY MARRIAGE, OR A TRIP TO PARIS, THAT PERSON ISN’T GOING TO BE HAPPY MUCH OF THE TIME. IF, ON THE OTHER HAND, HAPPINESS DEPENDS ON A GOOD BREAKFAST, FLOWERS IN THE YARD, A DRINK OR A NAP, THEN WE ARE MORE LIKELY TO LIVE WITH QUITE A BIT OF HAPPINESS.” – ANDY ROONEY
Looking back at life it's the smallest, the not-so-insignificant moments that brought us the most joy. Similarly, if we can find joy in the smaller moments in our day, our lives would be so much happier.
11. "IF YOU LOOK TO OTHERS FOR FULFILLMENT, YOU WILL NEVER BE FULFILLED. IF YOUR HAPPINESS DEPENDS ON MONEY, YOU WILL NEVER BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF. BE CONTENT WITH WHAT YOU HAVE; REJOICE IN THE WAY THINGS ARE. WHEN YOU REALIZE THERE IS NOTHING LACKING, THE WORLD BELONGS TO YOU." – LAO TZU
Find positives in your daily life and rejoice in them and you'll be happier than you ever could be. Don't let external factors decide what makes you happy and look inwards to find happiness and fulfillment.
12. "SO, WE SHALL LET THE READER ANSWER THIS QUESTION FOR HIMSELF: WHO IS THE HAPPIER MAN, HE WHO HAS BRAVED THE STORM OF LIFE AND LIVED OR HE WHO HAS STAYED SECURELY ON SHORE AND MERELY EXISTED?" – HUNTER S. THOMPSON
We got one shot at life and it's our mortality that makes this life precious. We must make the most of it and explore new pastures, hobbies, jobs, and travel as much as we can and when we can.
13. IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW SLOWLY YOU GO AS LONG AS YOU DON'T STOP – CONFUCIUS
When we pursue our passion, it's important to make progress towards reaching our goal. Little progress is still progress. Do not stop and keep moving forward until you get there.
14. ALWAYS LOOK UP AT THE STARS AND NOT DOWN AT YOUR FEET. TRY TO MAKE SENSE OF WHAT YOU SEE, AND WONDER ABOUT WHAT MAKES HTE UNIVERSE EXIST. BE CURIOUS - STEPHEN HAWKING
Sometimes we need to look up at the sky and take in this amazing universe we live in. Be curious about our world, about how we have evolved through the years, and where we're headed.
15. "HAPPINESS ONLY REAL WHEN SHARED" - CHRISTOPHER McMCANDLESS
Christopher McCandless was an American hiker who gave up all worldly pleasures and sought to live a life off nature. He eventually died in the wild from starvation but he shared an important during his life in the wild alone. Life is to be shared. Happiness is to be shared.
So if you're going through hard times, remember, this too shall pass. Let's focus on the positives in our life and find joy in the smallest of things.
COVER IMAGE SOURCE: Into The Wild/Paramount Vantage